|Amazon USA Amazon UK|
Review by Anniek
Onyx fled with her husband, Ulrich, from Las Vegas. She is very ill, so when they end up at the orphanage, Open Arms, Onyx and her husband decide to stay there until Onyx feels better. In a small town Ulrich finds the perfect home for them. This place will also be great for hiding out. Ulrich had an affair and stole money from his mistress's family. The family is still trying to hunt him
down, so Ulrich can be held accountable for his actions. Onyx is an incredibly kind and sweet woman who has always stood by her husband. She still loves him dearly and will follow him anywhere. When the truth is beginning to unravel Onyx has no choice but to open her eyes to reality. Ulrich is not the man she thought he was. Now Onyx must make a decision. Will she keep quiet like she always does or will she decide to go down fighting?
In this third book of the Onyx Webb series the stories of existing characters continue and deepen.
There's more background information about Declan Mulvaney, for example how he became rich and which sacrifices he had to make along the way. His son Bruce is still a successful businessman who didn't have an easy start in life. He supports his father and will always put his family first. Kane Mulvaney is a changed man since he saw a piano that started playing on its own and spotted a ghost girl in a mirror. He is mesmerized by what happened and is determined to find out who she is. Kane is also trying to find his purpose in life and he's becoming a responsible young man.
Tommy grew up with Declan in the orphanage. They have always been best friends. Tommy and Declan stood up for each other and helped one another out when this was needed. When they became adults they parted ways, but their friendship has always stayed intact. Both of them have difficult decisions to make. I liked it a lot that even though they stood on different sides they never forgot what they mean to each other. These two men are courageous and loyal.
Every episode starts with a personal note from the authors. They dedicate it to someone who is special to them and they thank the fans who are making their work possible. There is also a track list of the songs they were listening to while writing that specific episode. Because of all of this I really feel the love the authors both have for their characters and especially for Onyx. They're extremely dedicated to their work, which is truly inspiring. The connections between the characters are becoming more clear now and I found myself completely hooked on how the stories continue. Onyx Webb is an addictive series that I highly recommend.
The stories can't be read as standalones, in order to understand the characters and their histories you'll have to start with the first book and read in chronological order.
About Andrea Waltz and Richard Fenton
We are the premier experts on overcoming failure, rejection, and fear of the word, ‘no.’ As the authors of the best-selling book Go for No! we spend a lot of our time sharing this message live at national sales conferences and conventions, online webinars and conference calls.
Here’s a little more…
- Grew up a loyal Cubs fan in Chicago, IL, and (like so many others) is still waiting
- Cut his teeth in sales working for his sales-legend father, Don Fenton Sr., in the automotive fleet business
- Managed a restaurant at the age of 17 while still a senior in High School
- Recipient of the Trumpeter award, clothing-giant Hart Shaffner & Marx’s highest front-line sales recognition
- Won a Regional Toastmasters Speech competition in humor
- Has written several screenplays, a couple have been read by many of Hollywood’s biggest producers – and were declined… for now
- First became a member of the National Speakers Association in Los Angeles in 1985 and was Member of the Year 2010 for the NSA Oregon Chapter
- Received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice from Long Beach State
- At the age of 8 she called George Lucas to see if she could work with him on future movies
- Youngest General Manager in eyeglass retailer LensCrafters’ history
- Launched her own training company at the age of 24
- Speaker Member of the Direct Selling Women’s Alliance
- Loves social media, Andrea joined twitter in 2008 and currently has 20,000+ followers (@Goforno)
- Was featured on ‘Idol Chat’ a TV Guide Channel show where she was interviewed on how even idol rejects can be successful failures
- Are the owners of Courage Crafters Inc.
- Co-authored five books, including the long running best-seller, Go for No! (currently at 300,000+ in sales)
- Produced a 98-minute Documentary DVD Movie, Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There (and drove 12,000 miles around the USA to film it!)
- Speak together for audiences of 50 up to 10,000
- Own a cat named ‘Courage’ (or he owns us)
- Also write a paranormal suspense series called Onyx Webb. It’s a new sub-genre we’re calling: ‘creeps-piration’ which is a combination of ‘creepy’ and ‘inspirational.’
We are living our dream of speaking and writing, traveling the country, delivering our message to tens of thousands of people, changing lives with our Go for No! message. Most people close to us know, we are a little restless. After our time in Los Angeles, then living in the Pacific Northwest for six years, we opted to try out Florida, and after a stint in South Beach Miami we ended up discovering downtown Orlando and then eventually we made our way out to the ‘suburbs.’ Next stop? Might be Savannah GA, or Austin, TX.
A Message from Us…
It is our belief that courage is the single most important virtue on which everything else in life, all your results, are built. And we know that when people build their courage, anything is possible. You might be thinking that, as the Courage Crafters, we must be fearless. In reality, we are just like you… with the same fears and self-imposed limitations that hold back millions of people. But we have learned to master the things that must be done to build courage as well as specific and powerful strategies that can be used to move from fear to action. Unfortunately, we do not have any courage for sale. You can’t just make a call and have it delivered like a pizza. Because the truth is, no one can sell or give you courage. Courage must be developed… crafted, if you will… from the inside-out. But there is good news: All the courage you could ever want or need to achieve virtually any goal or dream you have is already inside you, like a muscle waiting to be used.
Maybe just knowing our story will encourage you, and we hope so. We’re glad you stopped by!
Hang out, take a look around; read the blog, visit our facebook page, and be sure to get our Dose of Notivation. If you have not read Go for No, we highly recommend you get the book today. If you have some fears, we suggest you get a copy of The Fear Factory.
Find out more at
|Amazon USA Amazon UK|
One very lucky reader of With Love For Books will receive book one, two and three in the Onyx Webb series. If the winner lives in the US they can choose between a printed version or an ecopy. If the winner lives outside the US an ecopy of the books will be provided.