About Nicola May
Award winning author Nicola May lives in Ascot in Berkshire. Her hobbies include watching films that involve a lot of swooning, crabbing in South Devon, eating flapjacks and enjoying a flutter on the horses. Inspired by her favourite authors Milly Johnson and Carole Matthews, Nicola is looking forward to sharing her charming, heartfelt and funny books with you.
Find out more at
1. Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Nicola May. I live in Ascot in Berkshire and have been writing for 20 years. Love me Tinder is my eighth romcom novel
2. What kind of books do you bring with you when you go on holiday?
I love to read romcom as well as write it. Milly Johnson and Carole Matthews are two of my favourite authors.
3. If you could spend a sunny day anywhere how would your perfect day look like?
I love the South West of England, especially a little village in Devon called Dittisham. I would hop on the ferry to Dartmouth from there, look around the quaint little gift shops, then return back to have drinks and scrummy food overlooking the estuary in a quirky pub called The Ferry Boat Inn.
4. Could you tell us about your hobbies (when you are not writing or reading)?
I love to power walk in Windsor Great Park, taking in the natural beauty and the wildlife. I also love the exhilaration and excitement of attending horse racing meetings.
5. Where do you find the inspiration for your stories?
To be honest I have had quite a colourful life and take my experiences and put them down on paper. I call my writing style 'chicklit with a kick' as I tackle issues like IVF,bereavement and dating in a humourous but compassionate way.
6. If you could be any leading character from a bestselling book, who would you
be and why?
I would be Bridget Jones as I believe that true love conquers all.
7. What's your favorite reading spot?
I love to read in bed.
8. What is your favorite holiday destination and what do you like so much about
I love the climate and food of Spain. Also what's not to like about a daily siesta!
9. Do you have any advice for authors who would like to write a sunny story?
Write with a smile. Read your dialogue aloud as that makes it seem more real. And think of a sunny, snappy title to hook readers in in the first place.
10. What can we expect from you in the future?
I am very much looking forward to promoting Love me Tinder which launched on July 31. A sequel to my bestseller The School Gates is also on the cards. Plus, I want to write the screenplay for my novella, Christmas Evie.
|Amazon USA Amazon UK|
Five very lucky readers will win an e-copy of Love Me Tinder by Nicola May.
The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to respond. Please add email@example.com to your list of approved email addresses. All of our giveaways are international.